Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bootcamp #2 Here I Come...

After a wonderful week off of bootcamp, and a weekend enjoying the midwestern indulgences of Bloomington, Indiana (fried mushrooms OMG) I'm back to reality. Session 2 of bootcamp started this week, and with that comes a brand new food journal which I am considering my jump start to healthy eating. In the last few weeks of my prior bootcamp I had gotten really lax about writing down everything I ate & the calorie content. It's time consuming and challenging to stay in your daily range. BUT it's necessary. Our trainer says- what you write in the book and put in your mouth is 80% of your results no matter how hard you work out.
I found out you can purchase the official food journal of our class (without actually being in class) online at the website www.lulu.com in the search type "fit to wed" and it should show up. It's $20 and a great investment that has you record the time you eat, food, calories, water, vegtetables, etc. It also has some great motivational quotes and is just a more structured format than just jotting everything down. It makes it easy to spot negative patterns in your eating which is the first step in helping you change your behavior.
For me- the biggest things I need to work on are weekend and after work eating. When I get home from work I just automatically head for the fridge or pantry and want to graze. So- the strategy I'm going to work on is eating a healthy late afternoon snack while I'm still at work (in a safe controlled environment :)) around 4pm so when I get home I'm full enough to last till dinner without snacking. A greek yogurt would be ideal for this, as it has lots of protein that will stick with you.
As for weekends... well I'm still figuring that one out. I've been out of town for the past few- so being home should help, we can do more cooking and less eating out. Chris is out of town this weekend for work- so I will try not to be bad because I'm home alone! I'll let you know how that goes... :)
Chel
Oh and PS- bought these sweet potatoes from TJs that were pre-skinned and cut kind of like thick fries. Put a little olive oil on them, with salt and pepper & baked them at 400 for about 25 min. DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment