Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hi, I'm Hungry. How's Your Day Going?

My body is STRUGGLING today to adjust to going from relaxed eating (and probably 2,000 calories a day) back to my bootcamp calories.  I can have (according to a very complex formula) between 1100 and 1300 calories per day to lose weight at a rate of 1.5 lbs per week.  Day One went smoothly and I came in right at 1100.  Today- reality sets in and I am HUNGRY and cranky and want to eat.  But I am resisting.  After a few days of decreasing the calories, my stomach should "shrink" a little and I won't need as much to feel full. Looking forward to that...
Last night I made a great stir fry that was really low cal.  Trader Joe's has a product that is a pre-made stir fry mix with fresh veggies (chopped onions, mushrooms, broccoli, snap peas, etc) I tossed that into the wok with some grilled chicken and had a little brown rice as a side and it was delicious! Simple, healthy and as Chris commented "very colorful", which is fun!
Breakfast this morning was another Trader Joe's item (they should seriously be paying me for how much I write about them!) Steel Cut Oatmeal frozen oatmeal.  It comes two individual servings to a package (so it's a little more expensive than the packets) but you just put it in a bowl and throw it in the microwave for 2 min and it comes out perfect consistency, and it's only 150 calories! Its so filling when you eat it- but I was hungry again fairly quickly afterword. Don't know if that's because it's a lot of carbs... or just my adjusting back to eating less!
Oh! And I had the dreaded WEIGH IN this morning.  I haven't weighed myself in at least two months (bad, I know) and it wasn't great news, but not the end of the world.  I've gained 4 pounds since the end of my last bootcamp.  Disappointing- but definitely something I can deal with. I was secretly afraid- and have been feeling recently like I'd gone completely off the deep end and was going to have gained 10, so 4 was actually a relief! Being back in Bootcamp,  I've realized now is the time to focus, commit and really change my body in the next 12 weeks.  It's only 12 weeks!
I'm going to go drink some water now. Yummm :)
XO
Chel

No comments:

Post a Comment